Questions to ask before wood flooring installation
When you buy wood flooring, you have three main options to get it fitted in your home. These are:
1. Install it yourself, which is not recommended unless you have the appropriate skills and knowledge.
2. Buy your wood flooring from a manufacturer which offers installation as part of the package
3. Hire your own professional wood flooring fitter.
If you choose options 2 or 3, there are a number of questions you need to ask prior to installation. Only once you have the answers to these questions should you agree to go ahead.
Ask your wood flooring fitter/supplier:
• What date will the wood arrive on site? Does the wood flooring need to acclimatise?
• What date will the wood flooring fitter or fitters arrive?
• Will the fitters need parking permits?
• What is the next step if there are problems with the sub-floor?
• How long will it take to fit your new wood flooring from start to finish?
• Who will be responsible for removing existing flooring?
• Who will be responsible for disposing existing flooring and how will it be disposed?
• Who will move the furniture in the room where the flooring is to be installed?
• Will it be necessary to book time off work?