Take preventive measures to protect your wood floor
Wood flooring has been popular for a long time now, and its beauty and elegance is the reason why so many people opt for it. On the other hand, once you have a natural or laminated floor in your home, it is essential that you take care of it and clean it properly.
The following is some basic advice that should help you look after your floor:
Tips for cleaning your wood floor
- Never use water on your wood floor and if spilled, it should be wiped off immediately to avoid damage.
- There are a wide variety of products available for wood floor cleaning. You just need to pay attention to what is written on the label. Never use wax products on this kind of flooring as it can spoil the urethane coating. Instead, you should use a polisher to improve the finish of the floor, but make sure the mop you use is made of a soft material.
- Use carpet rugs around sinks and high traffic areas, and make sure to vacuum these rugs regularly so that dirt does not collect under it.
- Dents can be caused due to high heels, so don’t wear them in the house.
- Keep the nails of your pet trimmed; it will help to reduce the amount of scratches.
- Never slide furniture across your wood floors. Instead, place a carpet rug beneath the legs of the furniture before moving.
- Finally, keep the floor clear of debris and clutter.
Keep the beauty of your wood floors intact by taking the time to clean and maintain them properly.
- 23rd Nov 2009